Friday, February 12, 2010

Seared Flat-Iron Steak with Wine Sauce

Here's a quick and easy dinner idea that's great any night of the week. I made this tonight and it took all but 30 minutes from start to finish with just a few ingredients and two simple steps!

Get The Recipe!


All you'll need is a a 24 oz flat-iron steak cut into four 6 oz pieces. I chose to leave the steak whole and serve thinly sliced pieces. You'll also need some coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, a cup of Merlot wine and some good quality butter. I'm using a wonderful Irish Butter that I found at the supermarket.


Sear the steak in a cast iron pan on high heat about 8 minutes per side, for medium-well. Transfer steak to a plate and loosely cover with aluminum foil.

Add wine to the pan and simmer until it's syrupy. Remove from heat, add butter, a small piece at a time until it's all incorporated.
Thinly slice the steak and drizzle with the pan sauce.

In the spirit of the upcoming Mardi Gras festivities, dessert was a delicious King Cake!


3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, John!
    I've not had great luck with flat iron steak in the past... always seemed too tough. I'll give this recipe a try! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kenn!
    This is the first time I've had a Flat-Iron steak and have to say it came out very nice. I bought the steak at, of all places, Kroger! I was quite pleased with the quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, John, especially the King's
    Cake!

    ReplyDelete